Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm back!

Well it is Monday evening and we have had a very full day. Today I saw blue sky for the very first time. This morning I went with Naomi to the Education Centre to see a display of books. I read Love Story and part of the Secret Garden. We then drove to the oldest school in Japan, built in about 1500. The gardens were absolutely beautiful, with many bonsai. We then went to a Japanese restaurant and had lunch. I had Tempur which I enjoyed very much. Naomi then had to go to school, so her parents too me to visit Naomi's mothers sister and brother in law. He owns a beauty salon and hairdressing shop. While we were there uncle's brother and wife also visited. Auntie and Uncle gave me a beautiful gift of a cloth dyed in Indigo. They also gave me a book of girls dressed in Kimonos. A wonderful experience. We then went to visit the tomb where Mrs Yoshikawas mother is sleeping. It was very interesting, neither of them speak English but father tries very hard, harder than I try to speak Japanese. We were able to communicate enough to get by. They then took me to a large shopping centre and I was able to go off on my own for two hours. I had a wonderful time looking in all the shops. When I met up with them again Naomi was back so her parents went home and Naomi and I did some more shopping. We then came back home and had a meal. The meals that I am getting are unbelievable and very healthy. Well tomorrow we head to Nikko and we are staying overnight. I am really looking forward to this. From there on Wednesday I will head back to Tokyo and meet up with Ayaka and her family. So this may be the last blog for a couple of days, but please watch this space for more exciting adventures.
Yes Jane you are right, this was a wonderful idea and I thank you very much for suggesting it. It is so much easier than sending emails to everyone.
Katie I hope you are well.
Sayonnara for now!

1 comment:

  1. All is well in the Hoff house :) I am really enjoying reading your updates.
    We went for our second trimester scan today but after poking and prodding for 2 hours (I'm not kidding) the little baby was facing the wrong way so I have to go back in 10 days for another scan. We can also find out then if it's a boy or girl but we are not going to ask - it's nice to keep something as a surprise!
    Glad to hear you are well and having a great time. Looking forward to seeing the photos when you get back.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete