Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The second day at Nikko

We awoke early the next morning and again went for a short walk around the lake.
We then came back to the restaurant for breakfast, again an enormous meal was served. I did not know the special treat I was going to be in for today but it was nothing short of unreal. We visited a park called Edo Wonderland. This is a village built in the era of Edo some 200 years ago. It shows how the Japanese lived in this era, we were lucky to see at least 4 live shows and they were unbelievable. It I was to tell you all about this place I would be here for a very long time and as it is past 11pm you will have to wait to see the pictures. However I will say that we saw a magic water show, a Ninja Show; which I liked very much as a ninja played the Tao Drums, it was excellent, we also saw some Japanese dancers, not to mention that we met the man who makes the wigs that resemble the hairstyles of the Edo era. This whole park was just unbelievable and I can not wait to show you the pictures. We spent many hours at this place and enjoyed every minute of it. It was then time for Naomi and I to leave her family and head back to Tokyo by train. It was very sad to say goodbye to her parents as they had been extremely kind and generous to me and I could not thank them enough and it was difficult for me to express myself when they were unable to understand what I was saying. Mr & Mrs Yoshikawa and Naomi I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the last 5 days I have spent with you and your family, I will be for ever endebited to you, but I hope you understand that I felt extremely priveledged to have been able to stay in your home and experience life with a wonderful Japanese family. I wish you all good health and I hope to see you one day in Australia. Two hours later we arrived in Tokyo and Ayaka met us at the station and the three of us had dinner together, it was wonderful that Ayaka was able to meet Naomi and have a chat together. I am now back at Ayaka's home and ready to start on my next adventure with her family. There is so much to tell and little time to tell it in and my mind is racing. I would also just like to mention that during the evening that we staying in Nikko I was invited into Mr & Mrs Yoshikawa's room and Naomi gave me a very beautiful speech followed by her parents sharing some very personal family photos with me. They then presented my with some beautiful gifts for the family which I will deliver when I get home.
Well I had better go now, I still have not unpacked yet and tomorrow we head to Roppingi Hills for a shopping expedition, yes Dale I have given some thought to what I can buy you and as you want a cool present I think I will buy you a kitkat and put it in the fridge for when you call.
I have just realized how much I have left out but maybe tomorrow night I can tell you about my adventure with the monkeys.
Sayonnara

No comments:

Post a Comment