Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Now I know seeing is believing but for the time being you are going to have to believe me and seel later as I have the pictures to prove it. Have you guessed?
After a delicious breakfast we were picked up by a small wagon and taken to a wharf. We then put on wet suits (me putting my leg in my sleeve and thinking how in the hell I was going to get this thing on) but once my mistake was realized all was well. We then boarded a vessel which very quickly took us out to see. Here we donned flippers, socks and a life jacket for me and then it was on with the rest of the wet suit and goggles and snorke. Yes you guessed it I went snorkelling in the sea. At first I could not get my beathig correct and nearly drowned a couple of times but once I mastered this activity it was sensational experience to see up close & personal the beautiful coral and sea life beneath the surface. After about 45 mins under the sea we again boarded the vessel which took us to a beautiful beach island called Kohama. We then went on further to Take-Tomi which was another island. Here we dropped off some people who were going to have a picnic. We were taken back to Ishigaki by the mini van. We then drove to Port Ishigak terminal where we caught a boat which took us back to Take-tomi. From there we boarded a cart which was driven by a water buffalo which took us on a tour of the island. The commentator played the banjo while we took in the sites of the island. Ayaka and I then went for a walk to Kondio beach which was absolutely perfect but the weather was stifling. On our way home we stopped at Ishigaki caves. These were amazing inside and went down a very long way. From there we took a 50min ride to a place called Club Med. and what a place it was. Ayaka took me for a walk through the complex and then we went into the dining room for dinner. There were so many amazing things I could tell you about this place but it would take for ever so I will leave it until I come home. We did not arrive back at hotel until about 1am and I was very tired but Ayaka was still partying in her sleep or should I say she enjoyed clubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment