Sunday, August 2, 2009

HelloWell what a wonderful day I have had today.
Early this morning Ayaka and I caught a train to another train station.
There we met Naomi (Japanese teacher) we had coffee in a cafe and then caught express train to Gunma. Naomi's father picked us up at the station near her home.
I then met her mother and we had very healthy lunch together.
Naomi and I went shopping at Shimamura shop, which is a clothes shop and Torisen supermarket and bought some healthy food and I was lucky enough to find a beautiful obei to wear with my Kimono. We came back home and then caught two trains to a place called Ashikaga where there is a very large river. There were hundreds of thousands of people there and a lot of Japanese were wearing kimonos. They were all there for a special festival which included two hours of fantastic fireworks. Unfortunately it rained and we all got soaked but no one left. Display was truly amazing and ended with a display looking like Niagara Falls. It was so humid that we were pretty dry by the time we caught the train back home.
We had a lovely hot shower, something to eat and then I thought I would write this blog to let you know where I am. I am now here for five days. The country side is beautiful and rice paddocks are very green.
Hope everyone is well.
Carolyn I hope you have a very happy birthday.
Everyone keep safe and I will write again soon.
Sayonnara for now
Judy

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are being well looked after and coping well with the lack of english.... glad you are having a great time and doing some shopping.... :)

    we are both well, and not much exciting news from adelaide ( never is really).

    this blog was a great idea - you should try adding some pics to it too! :)

    take care and we love reading the updates.

    ReplyDelete