Saturday, August 8, 2009

We have had another overnight stay.

On Friday after not much sleep the night before, I arose early and packed up some of my purchases and gifts to send home by post. After another amazing breakfast I had a shower and got ready for the day ahead. As we were not leaving on our overnight trip until lunchtime I retired to my room and watched Mama Mia. I had a little sleep as I was very tired. We left Tokyo at 12:30 and travelled to another perfecture by the name of Nagano. It took nearly 5 hours to get there and it poured with rain most of the time. We were booked into a hotel called Kokusai 21 and Ayaka and I shared a beautiful room. About 6.30pm we left for an Italian Restaurant. Can you believe it was silver service and I wore shorts and sleeveless tshirt, I was very over dressed like fun. The restaurant was in a building that was built 15o years ago and was truly magnificent inside. The meal was simply amazing with 5 courses. However I chose only to have a salad and a sirloin steak which melted in your mouth. After the 5 courses we retired to the bar area where we were served dessert and coffee. It was very decadent.
Kumiko ordered some champayne and I drank over a glass as it was very tasty, I wish I could find it to take home. We then went back to the hotel for some shut eye.
On Saturday we arose early to head for a very beautiful shrine. The street leading up to the shrine was shop after shop, and yes I was in my element. The shine had much real gold and was truly beautiful as was the lovely gardens. while in the shrine we went downstairs to the basement and it was pitch black, you could not see a thing, but at the end you could see the light, I will leave this to your imagination. We had a light breakfast in the cafe and then headed back down the street, but before we did we were lucky to witness seeing a bride and groom who had just got married, they were truly beautiful.
We then left Nagano and started our travel back to Tokyo. The traffic was bumper to bumper most of the way. We stopped at a lovely flower garden but most of the flowers were not quite blooming, but is was still lovely to see especially the dahlias. We travelled on a little further and then stopped at a restaurant for lunch. After lunch we went for a walk into the food mall, I have never seen so many people and so much food.  Can you believe they sell jelly that has a shelf life of 10 years, do not ask me how because I do not know.
Ayaka had to be at work at 6.30pm, so we dropped her at the station and then travelled on home. I am having such an amazing time and have seen so many different parts of Japan. Soon we head off on our next adventure, I am not sure where but we will be away 2 nights and will be staying in two different hotels and both have hot springs, I can't wait.

I hope everyone is well
Sayonnara for now
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment