Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My trip nears its end.

Well my final day is almost here and my adventure nears its end.
From Tokyo to Nikko back to Tokyo to Roppingi Hills, to Nagano to Nagaizumi, back to Tokyo and then to Okinawara to Ishigaki and back to Okinawa and many places in between. I have experienced the amazing life at Gunma, the sites and sounds of Nikko and a spectacular fireworks dispay, a beautiful facial and spending time with Naomi's wonderful family and being able to witness the families musical talents, a night I will never forget to Iwashime and experiencing living over the ocean anf visiting fish markets, eating amazing food and the very respectful staff and then witnessing beautiful waterfalls & scenery at Nagaizumi and also the safari land, then the extrodinary islands of Okinawa where I experienced snorkelling, riding vessels on the ocean to taking a cart ride with a water buffalo to experiencing ink dying on fabris to glass blowing to visiting many places of interest, to two wonderful fireworks displays to watching a live concert, to listening to the sounds of the Taiko drums to visiting Peace Hall to experiencing the devastation of the war in Okinawa to seeing snake shows to visiting the beautiful Botanical gardens, to Fruitland and the amazing tropical fruits that are grown in this area. Can you believe I have not mentioned doing shopping but retail therapy was very special part of the whole experience. I have done so much, seen so much enjoyed everything and had the most wonderful time. All of this would not have been possible if it were not for some truly amazing people and especially my Japanee families and to my host daughter Ayaka. I have been very priveledged to experience such things and I am truly grateful to Naomi, Mr & Mrs Yoshikawa - their extended family, to Kumiko and Mr & Mrs Fujii and to my special family Yukiko, Hideaki and Yukari and especially to Ayaka who without her and Naomi this trip would just have been a dream I cannot wait to catch up with all my family and fill you all in on the wonderful things I have done. I have many wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
To my Japanese friends GOSHINSETU ARIGATOU and eve more important IROIRO ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU and I look forward to you all visiting me and my family and friends in Australia in the very near future. I will miss you all but you will be forever more be in my thoughts.
Sayonnara to you all and thank you for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, you make me feel like I'm almost there with you! Putting your leg into the sleeve of your wetsuit - now that IS a good one! Would love to have seen that. Many thanks for your blogs - I checked them each night and found myself to be a little disappointed when one didn't appear. Safe travelling home - hope to catch up with you after you've bored your family silly with your travel stories. Cheers (and thanks).

    ReplyDelete