Sunday, August 9, 2009

A new experience.

Today there was no schedule, so we had a very lazy morning. I watched High School Musical which I enjoyed very much as there is very little television in English. Yukiko made some very yummy vegetable soup which I had for breakfast. In the afternoon Yukari has swimming lessons, so Ayaka and I and Yukiko went for a swim in a pool which is in a rather large sporting complex. In Japan they are very strict that you must wear a bathing cap. Also if you are in a lane you must be able to swim the whole 50metres as you are only allowed to stop when you get to the end of the pool. I decided to swim in the lanes that you were allowed to stop in. We then went and had a lovely warm spa which was almost the size of the pool. At a certain time everyone must leave the pool to have a rest for about 10mins during this time the staff test temperature and chemicals and clean if necessary. After swimming we went to a cafe called Denny's for afternoon tea. It was a very nice cafe and I drank coffee as well as pink lemonade. Yukiko was given a free dish of pancakes, Icecream and fruit as it is her birthday in August.
As their was about six pancakes we all had a small bit, it was very yummy. After this we headed home and Yukiko cooked my favourite Japanese dish. For dessert we had pannecota, this is like a thick yoghurt and we had blueberry sauce with it. I think that 21/2 kils may be a little less now. After dinner we were watching television when everything started to shake - yes we were having an earthquake, the first I have ever experienced. It measured 4 on the rictor scale and I must say was a little scary. Tomorrow morning Yukiko has to work so Ayaka and I may do a little shopping and then in the afternoon we set off on our next adventure. We will stay 2 nights in two separate hotels and will be able to have an onsen (hot spring bath at both hotels).
Sue I have sent you an email but for some reason they have not been able to deliver it yet but it has been held up, I hope you get it soon.
Hope everyone is well and I will blog in a couple of days time.
Sayonnara
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment